Experienced Visalia Child Custody Lawyer
When you are confronted with the prospect of losing close contact with your children day to day in a divorce or separation, a skilled attorney can help alleviate some of the anxiety you are experiencing. At The Law Offices of Dale R. Bruder, we are dedicated to providing effective family law representation that is focused on protecting the interests of our clients. With over 35 years of legal experience, we have developed the knowledge and skills necessary to help clients successfully resolve their child custody and visitation disputes.
Contact us in Visalia, California, for experienced and personalized legal representation in Tulare County or Kings County. We are prepared to tailor our legal strategies to meet your custody needs such as:
- Child custody determinations: In California, child custody determinations involve deciding both legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody refers to the responsibility of making important decisions involving the child’s upbringing, such as issues related to education, health care, religion and other important ones. Physical custody refers to the residence of the child. It is usually in the best interest of the child for the parents to establish some form of a joint parenting plan where both parents can actively partake in the child’s upbringing.
- Visitation (also known as parenting time or timesharing): Even in situations where there is joint physical custody, the child will usually spend more time with one parent. The parent with secondary physical custody will have visitation rights that can vary from having parenting time allotted for several afternoons a week and designated weekends to parenting time based upon school vacations and holidays. We work with clients to negotiate a plan that is favorable and realistic for everyone involved.
- Child support: The amount of child support is tied to physical custody (time-sharing) and the incomes of both parents. We make sure the court has accurate financial information to order appropriate support.
- Post-judgment modifications and enforcement: We strive to develop lasting relationships with our clients. Therefore, when future needs arise, such as the need to modify an existing child custody arrangement or pursue court assistance in enforcing a child support order, clients know where they can turn. We handle modifications and enforcement of child custody, visitation and child support orders.
- Relocation or move-away cases: Depending on the terms of the original child custody order, it may be necessary to obtain court approval or written permission from the other parent before moving to another geographic region or out of state. We help clients protect their interests, whether they wish to relocate with the children or they object to such a move-away.
- Other custody issues: We also have the experience to handle parental assessments that may be required by the court, and child custody or family law cases involving concerns of child abuse, alcohol dependency or drug use.
We Can Help With Your Parenting Time Case
For dedicated legal guidance from a skilled Visalia child custody attorney, contact our office and schedule an initial consultation.